At the end of the summer term 2017, the Friends of Canford awarded just under £10,000 in grants to school and community projects:
- The Art School - £450 to purchase an A0 drying rack for drying artwork.
- The Layard Theatre - £200 to purchase a device to transfer films of historic school drama productions from tape to the server.
- Geography - £750 to purchase 4 K'NEX® Renewable Energy Kits allowing pupils internally and SHINE children to experiment with different ways of generating energy from the environment.
- Community projects - SHINE and City Reach - £6,000
- Formula 24 - £2,500 to purchase a trailer for the Formula 24 team to carry up to 4 vehicles to races including The Bourne Academy F24 car.
The Friends of Canford School each year support two prizes for pupils – The FCS Prize for Design Technology and The FCS Prize for Journalism.
This year the prize for Design Technology was awarded to Ruby Featherstone who also shared the prize for Journalism with Louis James.