Menu

In this section

Back to Menu

Beaufort

Beaufort opened as girls’ boarding house in 1996. It lies on the eastern border of the grounds and overlooks the fourth green of the school’s golf course. It is named after Lady Margaret Beaufort, who was granted Canford Manor in 1485 by her son Henry VII.

Beaufort Housemistress

Clare Ives

Tel: 01202 847302

House staff and tutors are all contactable via telephone or email. They are most readily available in the evenings as they also have teaching and co-curricular commitments.  Formal face-to-face meetings can always be arranged to discuss your daughter should the need arise.

Email: cei@canford.com

An OC, Clare Ives joined Canford in September 2008 as a History teacher, and was Head of History for a number of years. She has helped run the Lower Sixth enrichment programme and coaches hockey, netball and tennis. Clare has two sons, two Labrador retrievers and two cats.  

Beaufort Staff
Sharon Curtis Matron spc@canford.com
Julie Edmonds Matron jge@canford.com
Debbie Porter Matron dap@canford.com
Anna Berry House Tutor arb@canford.com
Melissa Clinton House Tutor mjc@canford.com
Emily Doherty House Tutor erd@canford.com
Bryony Snooks House Tutor bs@canford.com